1 September, 2018
Soya Paneer Pulao
Soya Paneer Pulao Recipe – Is a very simple, easy & healthy Soya Paneer Pulao, that serves as a good packed lunch or a dinner.
It is the easiest pulao recipe that can be prepared at home and can be accompanied with simple vegetable salad’s or Raita’s like tomato, cucumber or onion raita’s
Health Benefits Soya Chunks:
Soya bean probably does not need an introduction. I believe there is no other legume which is packed with more protein than Soya bean. There are various foods that have proteins available, however the best is “soya” as they are protein rich and are easy to cook, moreover they have a great taste neutrality which only means that It can be combined with any food to make it protein rich without the taste getting affected.
Health Benefits Paneer(Cottage Cheese):
Paneer (cottage cheese)is known to be a great source of conjugated linoleic acid that helps in boosting the metabolism of the body, thereby aiding weight loss. Also it helps in improving bone & teeth health
Therefore today in my recipe I am using Soya & paneer with rice which is sautéed in oil with homemade spices & then cooked like a normal pulao, a “Balanced Meal”.
Basmati Rice: 2 Cups
Soya chunks: 1 cup r
Basmati Rice: 2 cups
Paneer: 200 gms
Coriander Leaves: Small bunch
Pudina leaves: Small bunch
Curd: 2 tbsp
Coriander powder: 1 tbsp
Red chili powder: 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tbsp
Salt: As per taste
Star Anise :2
- To begin with take a vessel and add 1 litre of water
- Now add 500 grams of Basmati Rice, 1 Bayleaf, 2 cloves, 1 eliachi, 1 star anise & some pudina leaves and cook it
- Once its half boiled drain the water and allow the rice to cool
- Now heat oil in a pan.
- Take the paneer cubes & shallow fry the same.
- Once its ready keep them aside
Boiling Soya Chunks
- Take a vessel & add 3 cups of water
- Add the soya chunks & let it boil for 10 – 15 minutes
- Drain the water, and add fresh cold water and then squeeze the excess water from the boiled soya and keep it aside
- Heat a Kadai, add 2tbsp oil, once hot, temper it with 1 Stick of Cinnamon, 2 Bay leaves, Jeera.
- Once tempered add the chopped onions(adding a pinch of salt will fasten the cooking of onion)
- Add ginger-garlic paste. You can make the same at home by grinding 4 cloves of garlic,1 inch of ginger, 4 cloves, 5 elaichi. Adding 1-2 green chilies will also add to the flavor. ( There is no need to add garam masala)
- Add the chopped tomatoes, and cook till mashy and then add chopped pudina(mint) & coriander leaves.
- Now add the spices namely turmeric powder, coriander powder & chili powder.
- Add soya chunks & cook the same.
- It’s now time to add 2 tbsp of curds into the gravy and cook it for some more time until the gravy is nice & thick.
- Traditionally “Dum” is made using a heavy bottom vessel in which the vessel is covered on all side with Wheat Dough to prevent the steam from escaping
- I however, am using a cooker to achieve the desired results by placing it on top of a heavy bottom tava .
- Assemble Layer of Rice & Gravy on top of each other.
- Add the sautéed paneer, along with some pudina leaves and 1 tbsp of Ghee.
- Cover it and cook the same in a low flame for a period of 30 minutes
Flavorful Soya Paneer Pulao is now ready to be served with any raita of your choice