6 September, 2018
Homegrown Mustard Green Salad
Homegrown Mustard Greens salads is a simple yet a very tasty way to get the desired and health benefiting results from your own vegetable garden, therefore I normally grow a lot of these organic varieties in my garden to add color, taste & texture to our food table.
The exposure I got during my childhood is really helping me to grow by own baby greens for salads right here in my home. I for one still have never purchased sprouts from the open market.
Most of the greens that are consumed at my house are grown in a container/pot which is filled with soil. This helps them grow past the sprout stage into small leaves called cotyledons which are full with the necessary phyto-nutrients.
Refer to the below link for a video on how to prepare the mustard greens salad in your home.
Mustard Greens: 1 cup
Roasted peanuts: 4 tbsp
Honey: 1 tbsp
Cut Cucumber: 1 Cup
Cut tomatoes: 1 cup
Cut bell peppers : 1/2 cup
Salt: As per Taste
- Chop all the vegetables into smaller uneven sized pieces and keep it aside
- Take a large bowl and add all the vegetables into it along with the mustard greens which have been washed and separated from their stems.
- Add roasted peanuts into the large bowl along with salt and mix the contents well
- Now add 3 tbsp of honey into the bowl and mix well
- Homegrown Mustard Green Salad is now ready to be served.
Also, the below link shows simple method of preparing wheat grass juice at home using homegrown wheat grass.