12 September, 2018
Butter Murukku Recipe – Festival Delights
Myself & my husband love munching on crispy Butter Murukku. We used to procure “Butter Murukkus” from halwai/farsan shops, however I soon realized that it makes a lot of sense to prepare these at home and is relatively simple too. By preparing the murukkus at home we are able to ensure the quality of Oil & ingredients used.
I wish to thank all readers of my blog for the overwhelming response I have been receiving and I am very happy and excited to see that people are searching my recipes on google with my name, “Butter Murukku Lathus Kitchen”. I promise to keep on contributing more recipes through my blog and my Youtube Channel “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqvth_m1rJs.”
For someone who is learning to cook, making murukkus might sound difficult. However, a on the contrary “Butter Murukkus” can be prepared basic ordinary rice flour, urad flour which can be procured from a supermarket or a kirana shop. Preparing butter murukkus is so simple that it neither involves any elaborate preparation or procedures. All you need to do is ensuring that all ingredients are mixed to make delicious, crispy murukkus in a short amount of time.
Also watch a detailed video listed below on how to make “butter murukkus”.
Rice Flour: 4 Cups
Urad Flour: 1 Cup
Sesame seeds: 2 tbsp
Butter: 1 tbsp
Salt as per Taste
How to make the Recipe
- Measure all ingredients that are required namely rice flour, urad flour, sesame seeds or jeera seeds, butter and keep them ready.
- Grease the Murukku Maker with some oil and put it on the star plate
- Mix all the ingredients namely rice flour, urad flour, sesame seeds or jeera seeds, salt and butter. Make sure to mix the butter well so that it incorporates well and evenly with the flour. Once done keep it aside.
- Take a kadai, add oil and start heating the kadai. While the oil heats up, start the process of kneading the dough.
Dough preparation for Butter Murukku
- Pour water slowly, little by little and mix all together to form a smooth and crack free dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts
- Fill the mould with one part, and keep the rest covered with a moist cloth.
- It is now time to check to see if the oil is hot.
Preparing Butter Murukku
- Press murukku maker over a butter paper using a circular motion. You can also create spirals and keep them on the butter paper.
- Gently lift them and put them in the hot oil.
- It is very important to ensure that we do not overcrowd the kadai and give sufficient space for the murukkus to fry.
- Fry the murukkus till the sizzling sound stops, this indicates that the chaklis have been fried.
- Drain the excess oil in the chaklis using a kitchen tissue. Repeat the process until the entire dough has been utilized towards making butter murukkus.
- Cool the butter murukkus and store them in a airtight jar.